Screen crippled by applications using alternative screen

Hi,

I'm still having issues with applications which use alternative screen for
output (LESS, MAN). When I exit that application, its output stays on
screen, prompt is displayed over it.

My system is as follows:

OS: Windows 7 Home 64 bit
Cygwin: 1.7.29 64 bit
Console emulator: ConEmu 140416 64 bit, Console 2.00.148 64 bit

Example steps to reproduce the issue:

1. execute "man grep"
2. scroll down to the end (PAGE DOWN)
3. exit (press Q), result: http://ferenczy.cz/tmp/cygwin/1.png
4. execute "pwd", result: http://ferenczy.cz/tmp/cygwin/2.png
5. clear screen (CTRL + L), result: http://ferenczy.cz/tmp/cygwin/3.png

Behavior is the same in plain cmd.exe, Console2 and ConEmu. MinTTY works
fine. If I exit MAN on first page (without scrolling), the screen isn't
crippled.

To reach clean screen I have to repeatedly clear the screen (CTRL + L) until
I browse whole MAN output (all pages). Alternative screen should be
completely separated from the regular screen.

It's probably caused by that Cygwin doesn't send ANSI codes to the console
emulator, see https://code.google.com/p/conemu-maximus5/wiki/CygwinAnsi. It
has another consequences, for example there doesn't work mouse in
applications under Cygwin, see https://code.google.com/p/conemu-
maximus5/issues/detail?id=1497 (last messages).

Would it be possible to solve this somehow? This could solve all issues with
crippled screen, scroll buffer, not working mouse etc, I guess. Moreover
ANSI codes are standard behavior.

Thank you for your opinion.

--
 Dawid Ferenczy