RE: Fatal error from Cygwin emacs-w32 every day or so

I came back to my computer and saw two dialogs, one saying that my VPN connection had died (that happens from time to time), and the other the Emacs failure dialog.  I started this executable from gdb, but it's saying that it doesn't have symbols, so the stacktrace probably isn't helpful, but this is what I saw:
--------------------
Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x000007fefd773ca3 in KERNELBASE!DebugBreak ()
   from /c/Windows/system32/KERNELBASE.dll
(gdb)
(gdb) bt
#0  0x000007fefd773ca3 in KERNELBASE!DebugBreak ()
   from /c/Windows/system32/KERNELBASE.dll
#1  0x000000010056e6cb in ?? ()
#2  0x0000000000429318 in ?? ()
#3  0x000000010091ccd8 in ?? ()