Re: dos telnet.exe not showing up with cygwin "ls"

Larry Hall (Cygwin <reply-to-list-only-lh <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>On 04/18/2014 06:36 PM, Andy wrote:
>> I'm curious about the circumstance that allows a file that is
>> readable and executable by all to invisible to cygwin.  Just
>> something to be aware of when using cygwin, that some mechanism may
>> cause some of the Windows file system to be invisible.
>
> Sounds to me like you installed 32-bit Cygwin on a 64-bit Windows
> O/S.  If so, the issue you're seeing isn't Cygwin-specific.  All
> Windows 32-bit apps would experience the same thing.  If you need
> Cygwin to see both 32 and 64-bit apps/dlls on 64-bit Windows, install
> 64-bit Cygwin.
>
> <http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe>

Yes, I'm aware of the 64-bit version of cygwin.  I wasn't aware of this
hiccup between 32 and 64-bit apps (that the former can't see the latter).
All the more reason to move to 64-bit sooner rather than later.  When I
installed the 32-bit cygwin, it was some time ago, when I was concerned
about compatibility with all things 32-bit.  Now that 64-bit is much more
prevalent, I the tides have shifted.

Thank you, Larry.