Re: cygcc-1.dll: which package?

On 04/16/2014 09:53 PM, Brandon Barker wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to provide a binary that will require Cygwin to run. The
trick is, when I compile it on one system and run it on another,
certain dependencies may or may not be present. Although I thought I
did a thorough job on my test system, I'm missing cygcc-1.dll. When I
try to run my executable on a different system than the one it was
compiled on, I get the error:

/cygdrive/c/Users/brand_000/Downloads/WindowsCygwin64_falcon_minDisj_1_0.exe:
error while loading shared libraries: cyggc-1.dll: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

Both systems are using Cygwin64.

At first I thought this was probably libgcc, but it seems to not be
the case since I explicitly checked it, updated it, and got the same
result.

When you're wondering what package contains something you're looking for,
consult the package search engine - <http://cygwin.com/packages/>.  It will
tell you if there are any packages in the distro that have the file you're
searching for.  In your case. see:

<http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=cyggc-1.dll&arch=x86_64>

And remember, if you're actually distributing a binary, the GPL comes into
play.  You have to provide sources for your app and for the parts of Cygwin
you're distributing.

--
Larry