Re: Windows hostname change fails in recent versions of Cygwin (since 1.7.28)

Greetings, Larry Hall (Cygwin)!

>> The following command used to allow me to change the hostname of a Windows
>> machine:
>>
>> wmic computersystem where name=\"$COMPUTERNAME\" call rename name=newname
>>
>> With new installs of Cygwin this seems to have stopped working...

> OK maybe I'm just missing something but what part of the above uses Cygwin?

Shell prompt.
The user were able to execute specific command with previous versions of
Cygwin1.dll, but unable now.

@Wedge, there was some changes around handling '=', which is SUDDENLY
considered a separator character (that is, on par with space) for CMD.exe
batch files parameters.
I can't recall the exact dates, sorry.

Also, is the escaping of quotation marks around computer name necessary?
Try without them.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...