Re: find_fast_cwd warning persists after uninstalling (Windows 8.1 x64)

On Apr 14 06:27, Mayank Patke wrote:
> > Debugging is tricky unless you have experience with how to debug
> > assembler code and know a bit about x86/AMD64 assembler and how to use
> > WinDbg.  A high level of capacity for suffering might help, too ;)  It's
> > not a lot of code you would have to look at, basically just the first
> > 100 or so bytes within two functions in ntdll.dll are affected.  If
> > you're basically comfortable with that, we could arrange a debugging
> > session via IRC (Freenode).
>
> I don't have much experience, but I know enough assembly to read it
> and to do basic debugging. I haven't used WinDbg before, but I've used
> other disassemblers as well as GDB. I'm willing to do this if someone
> can let me know what I should be looking at/for.

Cool!  For a start, what you could do is to install WinDbg(*) and the
Windows 8.1 symbol package(**).  You also need at least a base
installation of Cygwin, plus the cygwin-debuginfo and gdb packages.
That should be enough to get us going.

Thanks,
Corinna

(*) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff551063%28v=vs.85%29.aspx