Re: sshd buildup of CLOSE_WAIT leading to unable to function

On Apr  8 09:06, Joshua Hudson wrote:
> Sorry took so long to reply. Only reply was set to the mailing list
> but not to me.

That's the normal thing on mailing lists.

> > BLODA?
>
> No listed BLODA installed.
>
> CLOSE_WAIT entries do not appear to build up from normal ssh use via
> the cygwin ssh client. All CLOSE_WAIT entries show IP addresses not
> ours. (Port is open on a public IP address. Only private key
> authentication allowed.)

I can't reproduce this, sorry.

> > OpenSSH_6.4p1, OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
> > CYGWIN_NT-6.1 redacted 1.7.25(0.270/5/3) 2013-08-31 20:37 x86_64 Cygwin

For a start, you should update to the latest Cygwin and OpenSSH.  If you
can still reproduce this, we'll need something like a testcase.  58
CLOSE_WAIT connections in't that much btw.  It doesn't explain a
connection refused, unless you have lots and lots more open connections
at the time.

Corinna

Red Hat