Re: Cygwin kill utility //Was: cgwin_internal(): difference b/w CW_CYGWIN_PID_TO_WINPID and CW_GETPINFO_FULL for taking only dwProcessId ?

On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 01:34:21PM +0000, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
>>He's a contractor for the US Government.  That makes things complicated
>>and sometimes seemingly nonsensical.
>
>A patch (however small) means code, all my code must under the Public
>Domain Notice (and which can't be GPL'd).  Thus, our legal office does
>not allow us contributing any such code, but verbal description of a
>problem (hence not constituting code per se) is okay.

If only there was some way to use meaning units to explain legal,
business, or ethical limitations ahead of time which would preclude back
and forth mailing list communications.

Non-sarcastic translation: Don't expect us to know about your s**t.  We
have standard expectations for this free software project and the
expectations are do not include keeping a mental map of the rules of
every email domain that sends messages here so that we can avoid asking
for a patch.

I'm with Corinna in wondering how you can use GPLed software at all if
you are so limited.