Re: Trouble with running cygwin dll on Vortex86MX+ CPU

On 4/7/2014 5:09 PM, Colin wrote:

<snip>

Indeed.  And if your path under bash doesn't include /usr/bin, then I'll
wager your postinstall scripts didn't run or at least
completely/correctly.
See /etc/postinstall for the scripts.  If you aren't able to figure out
what didn't run properly, you can either try rerunning everything
manually
and looking for faults (if any) or just rerun setup.exe and hope that it
has better luck with the scripts the second time around.

Spot on, Larry. $PATH is empty.
I 'Reinstall'ed Cygwin, but the result is the same. I did take note of
setup complaining that there is a more recent version available according
to the ini file (2.774 vs 2.674) but I'm picking that isn't the problem.

I do find it interesting that the Cygwin Time Machine wouldn't have the
setup version and the archive in sync.  You'd have to check with that site
to understand why you're seeing that.

/etc/postinstall contains the following "done" script files:
base-files-mketc.sh.done
base-files-profile.sh.done
bash.sh.done
coreutils.sh.done
cygwin-doc.sh.done
man.sh.done
passwd-grp.sh.done
terminfo.sh.done
terminfo0.sh.done
update-info-dir.sh.done

Is there something missing from that list? What's my next step? I haven't
yet tried running them manually, that will have to wait until tonight (gmt
+ 12).

That list seems a bit limited to me, unless you specifically asked for just
those packages to install.  Allowing setup to install a default installation
should get you several dozen packages I believe, in 1.5 days.  So I'd say
start there and check that.  If that doesn't help, check with the Cygwin
Time Machine site for help.

--
Larry