Re: Trouble with running cygwin dll on Vortex86MX+ CPU

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> On Apr  4 09:44, Colin wrote:
> > Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> >

> Alternatively, even though I hate to point people to older versions
> of Cygwin, you could try the old Cygwin 1.5.25.  I'm not quite sure,
> but I think it was compiled for i586 or even i386.  It's not as
> feature-rich as Cygwin 1.7 but it worked, and maybe the set of
> POSIX functions is sufficient for you.  See the Cygwin time machine
> at http://www.fruitbat.org/Cygwin/index.html#cygwincirca
>
> If you want to go even further back in time, then MSYS may be the
> right thing for you.  It's a rip-off of Cygwin 1.3.22 with a few
> patches to supposedly building native executables a bit better.
> Just make sure to grab the old MSYS, not the more recent MSYS2.
> See http://www.mingw.org/wiki/MSYS
>
> HTH,
> Corinna

Cygwin 1.5.25 seems like a good option. So I downloaded setup-legacy.exe
from fruitbat and ran it on an XP machine which has not previously seen
Cygwin. Initially I installed just the base Cygwin files. The process ran
as expected, and installed 4,263 files in 472 folders.

However the bash shell appears non-functional as far as external commands
go. It presents a prompt bash-3.2$, if I type something like ls, it
responds command not found. Any ideas?

Colin