Re: Possibly wrong address passed to callq asm instruction within MPIR test binaries

Le Wed, 02 Apr 2014 00:07:12 +0200, Jean-Pierre Flori a ÃcritÂ:

> Dear all,
>
> It's amazing to see how well Cygwin64 is going.
> Thanks for your hard work.
>
> While preparing the new MPIR release, which will be the first one to
> support Cygwin4, we encountered problems running MPIR testsuite when
> MPIR was configured to produce a shared lib.
> That's with latest cygwin/binutils/gcc/g++ from today.
>
> It seems that a call to the MPN_ZERO macro, which on my setup is at
> 0x4ff2746c0 in the shared lib but we get the instruction:
> callq 0xff2746c0 within the test binary and that yields a nice segfault.
> Please see
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mpir-devel/KzsxIWhVx8A/EAUoP4ybWOMJ and
> the few following post for more details.
>
> For sure, we don't get what's going on here.
> Would you have any clue?
> Might ld decide for some reason to trim the macro address to 4 bytes
> rather than 8?
>
> Best,

Sorry for the noise, we found the issue.
Apparently it was some DLL export/import issue...
See https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mpir-devel/KzsxIWhVx8A/D6-Z5SsLdGsJ

Best,
JP