Re: Public key authorization problem with latest snapshot

On Mar 19 12:46, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 3/19/2014 12:09 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Mar 19 11:37, Ken Brown wrote:
> >>Here's some more weirdness involving the recent changes to exception
> >>handling on 64-bit Cygwin.
> >>
> >>I have an ordinary user kbrown and an administrator user
> >>kbrown-admin. I use the following command to simulate "su":
> >>
> >>   ssh kbrown-admin@$(hostname) .
> >>
> >>With the current (2014-03-18) x86_64 snapshot, this doesn't work if
> >>I try to use public key authorization.  I simply get a message
> >>
> >>   Connection closed by fe80::81db:bf3a:6434:6015%11
> >>
> >>and I'm not even prompted for my passphrase [*].  But if I move my
> >>id_rsa and id_rsa.pub out of the way, I'm prompted for a password,
> >>and I can login successfully.
> >>
> >>Reverting to the 2014-03-17 snapshot fixes the problem.
> >
> >I just checked in a change.  Please give it a try.  If this doesn't work
> >either, I don't know how to proceed.
>
> This fixes the public key authorization problem, but the timeout
> during the starting of gtk applications is back.  The
> "window-default" program from the other thread is still a test case
> for that problem.

Ok, I give up.  I have no idea anymore how to change that.

The code is now practically equivalent to what is in 1.7.28.  Only the
VectoredContinueHandler, which was the reason Cygwin's exception handler
could be called twice, is not called anymore.  Instead there's a vectored
exception handler which is only called during debugging.

Before:

  if (!handler_installed)
    {
      handler_installed = true;
      SetUnhandledExceptionFilter (handle);
      AddVectoredContinueHandler (1, handle);
    }

After:

  if (!handler_installed)
    {
      handler_installed = true;
      SetUnhandledExceptionFilter (handle);
      AddVectoredExceptionHandler (1, handle_while_being_debugged);
    }

If anybody can explain this weird behaviour, please educate me.

Corinna

Red Hat