Re: fltk check or enum quest

On 12/03/2014 18:06, Marco Atzeri wrote:
I am hitting a gcc/fltk craziness, and I have no clue what to look for.

The attached example is extracted from octave configure log,
and I am almost sure that nor the test nor the fltk header
are changed at all recently.

The problem is that the enumerations in FL/Enumerations.H are using the C++ style syntax, and the conftest source code has the '.c' extension, so gcc treats it as C.

The C++ syntax for an enumeration is as follows:

    enum EColours { eRed, eGreen, eBlue };

The C syntax for an enumeration is as follows:

    typedef enum { eRed, eGreen, eBlue } EColours;

You have two options. Either patch FL/Enumerations.H to use the C syntax (there are also a number of C++ style comments that you may have to change). Or, change the test to write out a file with a '.cpp' extension, invoke g++ and drop the -Wimplicit-function-declaration (as this is not valid for C++).

Hope this helps,

Dave.