"stack level too deep" error, running bundler through RVM and cygwin.

Hi,

I'm trying to install and configure RVM through cygwin, in order to use the
ruby development aids in the Drupal theme 'Omega'. However, I'm having
trouble installing the gems required by Omega.

I installed cygwin with the necessary packages and dependencies for RVM. I
installed RVM (rvm 1.25.19). I installed the ruby version (ruby 1.9.3p545)
required by Omega.

When I type "bundle install" for the gems required by the omega theme I get:

>$ bundle install
>
> Fetching gem metadata from https://rubygems.org/..........
>
> Fetching additional metadata from https://rubygems.org/..
>
> Resolving dependencies...      0 [main] ruby 7904 child_info_fork::abort:
> address space needed by 'fcntl.so' (0x2F0000) is already occupied
>
>       0 [main] ruby 7724 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by
> 'fcntl.so' (0x2F0000) is already occupied
>
> Unfortunately, a fatal error has occurred. Please see the Bundler
> troubleshooting documentation at
>
> http://bit.ly/bundler-issues. Thanks!
>
> /cygdrive/c/Users/BaSe/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p545@global/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:15:
> stack level too deep (SystemStackError)

There is a suggested fix (at https://drupal.org/node/2138087) which
suggests running

>peflags -X409600 `which ruby`

However this gives me the error:

>which ruby: skipped because nonexistent

I have searched for these errors to try to understand what's occurring, and
to try and find alternative fixes, but I have no idea what to try next or
where to look. Any help to get through this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Robin