Re: Executing a perl script from Windows 7

On 3/9/2014 2:18 PM, Max Polk wrote:
On 3/9/2014 2:08 PM, Peter Holsberg wrote:
I have a perl script that I would like to execute simply by
double-clicking on its name from a Windows filemanager window. (That
is, I do not want to use the command line at all, nor do I want to use
an icon.)

Eg, myscript.pl

I tried using this

#!C:\cygwin64\bin\perl.exe

Windows does not pay attention to file contents (like the first line in
your example), only the file name.  If you don't want a file
association, you can opt to simply create a shortcut to your script that
begins with the python executable and that lists the script as a parameter.

A file association to what, .pl to perl.exe?

Well, a shortcut would be a desktop icon, wouldn't it?

Why did you mention python?

Thanks.