Re: Cygwin 1.7.28 (64bit) and Vim 7.4 build from source create SEGV when writing to a file.

On 2/25/2014 10:20 AM, Thomalla, Martin wrote:
     A quick review of the files you've provided and your description of what
     you've done doesn't raise any red flags.  I'll suggest trying to remove the
     Cygwin-provided VIM packages to be sure there is no collision/interaction.
     If that doesn't work, I'd recommend debugging the problem directly with gdb.
Which vim sources that work in cygwin should I use instead?

If you didn't use source package that you can download through setup, you
can rerun setup and select it by checking the "Src?" checkbox.  But I
think you misunderstand my response.  You said that you built from source
yourself and added features that aren't built into the binary package that
you can install via setup.  When using those features in your binary, you
experienced SEGVs.  Since you are using features that aren't supported in
the Cygwin version, there's no guarantee that they will work as expected.
In other words, you're blazing a new trail under Cygwin so you'll be the
first to encounter any problems that may come from doing so.

Another possible avenue to check is whether the upstream VIM package has
received any reports of problems with python and lua.  If so, there may be
patches or other solutions that could also be applied to Cygwin.

--
Larry