Re: cygwin make reporting "multiple target patterns" issue

Hi Eddie,

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Eddie Wang  wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I can build project OK with "make" command but failed on second build without running "make clean". Checked with web and noticed that removing previously create obj directory will resolve the issue. However, this is not the solution for make command. If only one file is changed, second build should carry on to recompile this changed file only. This will save a lot of time for not rebuild everything from scratch.

This is almost certainly a make issue and not a Cygwin problem. You
are likely to get the same result on any platform if you use GNU make
(which is what Cygwin's make is).

You didn't tell us what the project is, didn't show the makefile,
didn't report the exact error message. This makes it all but
impossible to help you any further.

I suspect the makefile is composing a list of files dynamically and
gets it wrong, but that's just a guess.

Csaba