Re: Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin

Greetings, J.H. vd Water!

>>> Both cases show the same output:
>>>
>>> $ ./lsa
>>> pdom name: <WORKGROUP> dnsname: <(null)>, sid: 0x0
>>> adom name: <XP> sid: 0x246058

> I "lied" here :-) The non-admin case showed: ... sid: 0x246060
> (So, almost the same)

Yeah, I understand, they supposed to be different.
Mine's also different, but results show data similar to yours.

> But who will still be using XP within a company after after april 2014?'. So, does
> have XP priority? Your decision, of course ...

We will. Because we're not going to go over a headache of reinstalling
everything just because some jerk out in the world decided we should.
It's just not worth the money spent. Even if you ignore the cost of new OS
itself.

>>I'm going to make some tests on XP, but if I can't track this down,
>>would you mind if I send you a test Cygwin DLL with extended debug
>>output to help tracking it down?

> The best thing to do, I believe, if you want to fix 'XP' (my machine may turn out
> to be a "misfit").

> However, I have started afresh with the 18/2 snapshot ...

> Same result: getpwent crashed (db_enum: local) ... getgrent is ok.

> Send me a cygwin1.dll? Ok, if you tell me how to handle the thing (i.e. include
> some pointers to documents that I must read in order to be able to get results).

I'm volunteering as well. And I'm a bit more sure of my system conditions >.>

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...