Re: $PATH contains dot but unclear where it comes from

On 2/19/2014 3:37 AM, Robert Klemme wrote:
I assume there must be some internal mechanism in Cygwin which causes
this but at the moment I am out of ideas where to look further.  Does
anybody else have an idea?  Is there maybe some automatism which adds
the dot because on Windows systems the shell always also looks in the
current directory?

I don't have a . in my path and I didn't do anything special to
remove it.  If you want to track down where it comes from, run
cmd.exe and type in "c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -lix" (assuming you're
seeing this with bash and that your Cygwin installation is in
C:\cygwin) and look for places where PATH is set.  Oh and don't
forget to increase the number of lines in the window's scrollback
buffer to several thousand at least so you'll be able to scroll
back through all the output.  See the "Layout" tab under "Properties"
in the system menu for the window to change this setting.

--
Larry