Re: Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin

Hi Corinna,

(Sorry, have't found time to properly subscribe to the list, yet)

>> Both cases show the same output:
>>
>> $ ./lsa
>> pdom name: <WORKGROUP> dnsname: <(null)>, sid: 0x0
>> adom name: <XP> sid: 0x246058

I "lied" here :-) The non-admin case showed: ... sid: 0x246060
(So, almost the same)

>Huh.  This looks entirely normal and expected.  Which makes the
>SEGV even more weird.  I'm apparently missing something here.
>
>> Perhaps, it is best to stop here for the moment ... There must be more pressing
>> things on your list.
>
>No, there aren't.  This testing is very important.  I'd like to
>have such crashes like yours fixed before this new code gets
>released.

>> Moreover, I already decided to use 'db_enum: files' in /etc/nssswitch.conf (and
>> XP is a thing of the past, is it not?).

But who will still be using XP within a company after after april 2014?'. So, does
have XP priority? Your decision, of course ...

>I'm going to make some tests on XP, but if I can't track this down,
>would you mind if I send you a test Cygwin DLL with extended debug
>output to help tracking it down?

The best thing to do, I believe, if you want to fix 'XP' (my machine may turn out
to be a "misfit").

However, I have started afresh with the 18/2 snapshot ...

Same result: getpwent crashed (db_enum: local) ... getgrent is ok.

Send me a cygwin1.dll? Ok, if you tell me how to handle the thing (i.e. include
some pointers to documents that I must read in order to be able to get results).

Henri