Re: Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin

Hi Corinna,

>The crash looks weird.  It looks like your machine doesn't return
>the machine sid when it's requested.  Can you please run the following
>test application as non-admin and as admin and paster the output for
>both cases into your reply?  Hmm, maybe that's a windows XP thingy?
>I didn't test this stuff on anything prior to Vista.

Both cases show the same output:

$ ./lsa
pdom name: <WORKGROUP> dnsname: <(null)>, sid: 0x0
adom name: <XP> sid: 0x246058

Perhaps, it is best to stop here for the moment ... There must be more pressing
things on your list.

Moreover, I already decided to use 'db_enum: files' in /etc/nssswitch.conf (and
XP is a thing of the past, is it not?).

Anyhow, thank you for listening and for your effort.

Henri