Re: Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin

On Feb 18 18:16, J.H. vd Water wrote:
> >> this week I applied the first incarnation of the new passwd/group
> >> handling code to the Cygwin repository and after fixing a crash which
> >> manifested in Denis Excoffier's network, I think we're at a point
> >> which allows to push this forward.
> >> [...]
> >
> >Ok guys, I just applied a patch implementing getpwent and getgrent,
> >and the way to configure the output is probably more detailed than
> >you ever wanted ...
>
> Hi Corinna,
>
> As I saw no response to your latest call for testers,  I decided to test it
> myself ... (x86-XP, SP3).
>
>  - setup "Cygwin" (base) in a different directory
>  - applied tar ball (17/2 snapshot) as instructed at
>
>    http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.setup.snapshots
>
> After I had set up /etc/nsswitch.conf as follows
>
> db_enum: files
>
> the output of getpwent and getgrent looked "familiar" to me. (though the
> output of 'id' is not).

In how far?  Did you read my text in terms of how user and group names
are created?  The leading separator char for builtin groups is an SFU
thingy.  If it's too disturbing we can discuss changing that, but right
now I'm still looking for some kind of similarity.

> However, after I had modified /etc/nsswitch.conf as follows
>
> db_enum: local
>
> getpwent crashed (segment violation) ...

Thanks for testing, but I can't reproduce this.  I tried on 32 bit
Windows 7 and 64 bit Windows 8.1.

How did you build getpwent?  Did you stop your Cygwin shell and restart
it?  Can you please send the getpwent.exe.stackdump file?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat