Re: batch script execution failing with 255 exit code in cygwin 1.7.28

 thanks Christopher.
I found the following archive which introduced this fix
(http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2014-q1/msg00017.html)

I feel this causes an inconsistent behavior when batch scripts are
executed using command interpreter(cmd.exe) and cygwin.
There are some generic batch script we might give to users where some
might execute using cmd.exe and some using cygwin(especially remotely
using ssh) and I would be expecting the same behavior in both places.

Also my existing batch script handles argument a=b in a way where I
obtain 'a' using %1 and 'b' using %2 and this behavior is broken now.

thanks,
Prakash