Re: Little cygpath improvement request

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>> >   dos_path=$( [ -n "${posix_path}" ] && cygpath -ml "${posix_path}" )
>>
>> > ?
>>
>> I appreciate the effort, bit this even MORE complicating the possible use
>> case.
>>
>> Look, I'm asking for simplification without loosing functionality.
>> If I NEED to check the path for existence, I would write something to the
>> extent of

> I'm getting a bit puzzled.  If it's only the message you don't want,
> then why not just send this message to /dev/null???

Because the message serves no purpose in every use case I could think about.
That, aside the fact it needs to create a redirection.

>   NATIVE=$(cygpath -ml "$2" 2>/dev/null)

>> But if I (and the program that I would feed it to) don't care (which is often
>> the case), the message printed from cygpath doesn't add to functionality.
>>
>> P.S.
>> I've tried to rebuild it myself, but hit a roadblock.
>> While trying to rebuild only winsup/utils, this happens

> That never works.  Why don't you just fetch the source archive from
> the last package and use the cygport file inside?

Because I'm building Cygwin itself the first time. When my attempt at saving
time in hope it would "just work" failed, I followed FAQ to the letter, but
got nowhere either. The list of required packages to compile it seems to be
right, though. I've eventually succeed.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...