Re: get rid of getpwent?

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> Caching is wonderful for the usual requests for single entries from the
> DB, and for this we have already two caches, the LSA cache and Cygwin's
> own cache.  But caching doesn't help at all when enumerating.

Would it be possible to only look (for user name completion purposes)Âat
the current user plus whatever is in %SystemDrive%\Users plus whatever
is found in /etc/passwd?  That way no beans are spilled about domain
users that couldn't be gleaned from the local file system and in almost
all cases that's the list one would want to complete from anyway.

Regards,
Achim.