Re: Is There A Way to Update ADB?

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Cilix Tay wrote:
> Sorry, Christopher,
>
> One last question, so that I can properly understand this and ask correctly for help in xda...
>
> I downloaded Cygwin from Cygwin.com, and only selected additionally "pv" and "util-linux" during its installaion.
>
> Since adb isn't part of Cygwin, then I don't understand how I could run adb on Cygwin terminal, and the adb ver isn't the one I have on the Android SDK.

You probably have two versions of the Android SDK installed and Cygwin
is finding the older one. Find and delete/move away the other version.
Open a Cygwin terminal and check which adb you are using in Cygwin and
your PATH env. variable. If you don't know what that is, you can look
online. As an example, on my machine.

$ which adb
/home/<EDITED>/bin/android-sdk/platform-tools/adb

$ adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.31

The reason I have adb visible in my Cygwin shell is because I have it
setup that way. Assuming you have the Android SDK installed under
'Program Files (x86)' and that is the one you want to use, you could
do this on your system:

$ export PATH=/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files\
\(x86\)/Android/android-sdk/platform-tools:$PATH

$ which adb
/cydrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Android/android-sdk/platform-tools/adb