Re: Cygwin SSH and msysGit

 I did some additional research of my own, it seems that the only
thing that should really be os dependent is in the working dir and the
index file and since this is not relevant for pure push/fetch I think
it might work ok using Cygwin's Git.

But who knows... msysGit includes a lot of different patches to get it
to work well in Windows and many of them are not merged into the core
Git and who knows really whether one of them can affects this.

Also I think trying to add msysGit after the Cygwin $PATH might still
have something explode since the binaries in the libexec/git-core are
dependent on dlls in the bin directory... and they might have similar
names to Cygwin binaries and having the Cygwin dlls earlier in the
$PATH might cause it to bomb. (Git seems to invoke "git-receive-pack",
"git-upload-pack" vs "git receive-pack", "git upload-pack" requiring
the libexec/git-core directory).

I might just have to ask on the msysGit mailing list :P

Thanks.