Re: How to remount hotplugged USB drive as noacl (for use with rsync)?

On 2/4/2014 10:50 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
  How can one remount a hotplugged NTFS external USB drive as noacl?  (I
>>>  >    take it this is necessary to get sensible Windows permissions when using
>>>  >    rsync for backup.  If not, please correct me.)
>>  Change the /cygdrive entry in /etc/fstab
>>  Then you'll get normal Windows permissions everywhere, except, perhaps, the
>>  Cygwin root.
>  Is this what you mean?
>  none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user,noacl,override 0 0
No need for override. This is how I have it set (I prefer just /<drive_letter>
over/cygdrive/<...>):

none    /       cygdrive        binary,posix=0,noacl    0       0

Thanks. I've done that. Presumably it solves my problem, though I haven't yet tried an external backup. Nothing seems changed as viewed from within Cygwin, and ssh still works.

You're not remounting the Cygwin root.

I'm confused by this statement. Isn't /cygdrive/c/cygwin/ the same as Cygwin root? Won't it inherit the noacl property?