Re: Vim under screen screwing up console on close - cygcheck.out (0/1)

> > > Simplest way to reproduce is this: run 'screen', then run 'vim', then
> > > exit with ':q'.  My bash prompt is now on the bottom line of my mintty
> > > window, but everything I type, and all output after that, stays on the
> > > last line, each line overwriting the previous.  Using 'clear', or
> > > switching to another screen window and back with Ctrl-A commands,
> > > fixes the problem.  If I run vim without screen, then it restores the
> > > previous window contents after vim exits.  This always happens with
> > > empty files; it sometimes happens when editing other files, but it
> > > doesn't always, and I haven't tried it extensively to try to figure
> > > out why.
> >
> > Looks like vim isn't the only problem here, nor is screen.  I was able
> > to see some other poor behaviour by looking at a man page and then
> > searching for a string which didn't exist--whether running 'screen' or
> > not.  It displayed "Pattern not found" on the bottom line, which
> > caused a bunch of lines to be pushed upward by one, leaving much
> > duplication and confusion.  (I would attach a screenshot here, but the
> > mailer-daemon rejected both png and jpg formats.  What does it like,
> > gif?  bmp?  tiff?)  I believe I'm using 'less' for my pager, and I can
> > see the same thing using less.  Less, vim, man...wasn't there another
> > issue recently that involved those?  Maybe I'll try that snapshot and
> > see if that helps with this problem at all.
>
> I also saw this problem yesterday.  I was using screen, but not vim - it
> happened in a bash session.  I don't know what caused it.  After a while
> I did something to reconfigure the terminal - I can't remember what, but
> maybe I killed the shell or screen session - and it cleared up again.

I can only reproduce this bug in screen.  So far it happens every time
if I start screen automatically from .bash_profile, but not if I wait
and start it manually from the shell.  I can't figure out yet why that
would be.

The bug happens in x86 and x86_64.  I'm attaching my cygcheck.out, from
x86_64.  I don't see any obvious problems in it.