Re: socat with IP6 support?

On 1/17/2014 13:45, Aaron Humphrey wrote:

So why does it think it
requires ip6.h if it compiles fine without it?

It's probably an unwarranted Linuxism. As I read POSIX[*], it is legal to have IPv6 definitions in the same old headers the IPv4 interface is defined in, as Cygwin does.

So, three choices:

1. Cygwin could add stub headers for these to placate socat and any other software that uses their presence as an IPv6 test; or

2. Someone can lobby socat to fix their test; or

3. The socat package maintainer can patch the software before building it. If it were me, I'd first try diddling config.h after the configure script generates it, rather than hack the configure script itself. If that works, it's a one-line fix.

[*] http://goo.gl/lMIJUK