Re: Install packages without documentation

On 1/15/2014 6:45 AM, BGINFO4X wrote:
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to build a "small release" ... Normally /usr/share contains
at least 50MB: folders like "doc", "man", "info", ...

Is there any way to install cygwin packages without the documentation ?

No, not really.  Observe:

$ cygcheck -f /usr/share/man/man1/ls.1.gz
coreutils-8.15-1

Try that with a few more files and I think you'll get the picture (i.e.
generally there aren't separate packages for docs).

There are any drawbacks?

Beyond not having docs, if it were possible to exclude that at the
package installation level?  No.

--
Larry