Re: Emacs-w32/X11 doesn't echo periods when typing in password for TRAMP

On 11/25/2013 8:59 PM, SDS wrote:
When I'm prompted for a password while accessing a remote directory
using TRAMP in Emacs, sometimes the password isn't hidden (i.e. periods
aren't echoed in the minibuffer, but the actual password is echoed
instead).

[...]

The good news is that the bug happens predictably. The instructions for
reproducing the bug are below. It works for both emacs-X11 and
emacs-w32, both run with the -q flag. However, the bug disappears if run
with the -Q flag.

I can't reproduce the problem. The fact that it occurs with -q but not -Q suggests that the problem has something to do with your site initialization. (-Q forces --no-site-file and --no-site-lisp.) I suggest that you look in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp to see if something there could be causing the problem.

Ken