Re: cygcheck -svc segfaults on Windows 8.1 with cygwin64

On Nov 19 09:37, Warren Young wrote:
> On 11/19/2013 03:03, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> >I'm also going
> >to look for a solution to differ between Windows 8 and 8.1 (also 2012
> >vs. 2012R2) in the cygcheck output.
>
> GetVersionEx() should do it: http://goo.gl/DbhsRJ
>
> If you follow the link to the OSVERSIONINFO structure, you will find
> a table that tells you how you distinguish those four cases.

Why do they have to make such a mess out of a simple function like
GetVersionEx?  It returns different OS version numbers based on the
existence of a manifest in the executable.  How dense is that?

So we have thousands of executables, none of them has a 8.1 manifest.
As a result, the uname() function returns OS versions 6.2 rather than
6.3.  Aaaaaargh.

In cygcheck I added a patch to check dwBuildNumber this morning.  If
it's >= 9200, it's 8.1/2012R2, otherwise 8/2012.  But that doesn't
fix the OS version number of course.  Sigh.

I'm going to tweak the OS version number and I'll do the same in
Cygwin's uname function as well.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat