Re: Seeking a suggestion for unattended mass install procedure

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 07:11:33PM +0000, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
>> Alternatively, you can grab the sources for setup and add an option
>to do what you want the way you want it.
>
>Well, that's a trivial option with open source, of course.  But also
>it means to maintain a branch of our own setup.exe, which is the
>least favorable of all.

Hmm.  It seems like you are looking for a magic bullet since everything
suggested is unsatisfactory.  Since there really isn't an option to do
exactly what you want to do then you are going to have to do something.
The emphasis here is on "you".

If you implement a generally useful option like "Install everything in
the download directory" we'll gladly accept it upstream.

If you don't want to do that then setup code changes pretty infrequently
so maintaining a local copy shouldn't be too burdensome.

cgf