RE: Cygwin Emacs and two other Cygwin processes seem to do a lot of "other" I/O while seemingly idle

I'm continuing to see this problem.  I find that when my system is very sluggish, if I check total IO, those three processes are at the top of the list, and this is when I'm not doing anything directly with Cygwin.  At this point, if I kill my Emacs, rxvt, and X server, my performance improves considerably.