Re: git clone failing with "fatal: index-pack failed"

On 10/26/2013 03:12 PM, Balaji Venkataraman wrote:
On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
It's been very quite about this issue. Usually at least somebody responds. I
fear that perhaps nobody's seeing this. Could somebody, anybody, simply
respond if even just to say "Yeah, I see this. Don't have an answer though"
I'd appreciate it.
I see something similar intermittently but only when I try to clone in
a non-Administrator shell and that too only on cygwin32. It doesn't
happen when I'm in an administrator shell. Haven't been able to figure
it out - although I'm having other problems where I can't run many
commands from a 32bit Cygwin shell - so I don't want to set you off on
a random thread. Are you able to do things like man, make etc. from
the same shell?
Interesting. Running an administrator shell works! The odd thing is that I logged in as the user Administrator, the local user Administrator. I assume it has administrator rights but I know that there are administrator rights and then there are administrator rights. So it seems the problem lies between the two. How to debug this further and fix it?
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Black holes really suck.