Re: Problem with multiprocessing module from Python

Le Fri, 25 Oct 2013 19:53:42 +0000, Jean-Pierre Flori a ÃcritÂ:

> Le Fri, 25 Oct 2013 17:08:50 +0200, Jean-Pierre Flori a ÃcritÂ:
>> This is true both with Cygwin's shipped Python 2.7.x and the one I
>> built for Sage.
>> Here is a small snippet of code reproducing the problem:
>> """
>> [Blah python stuff]
>> ValueError: semaphore or lock released too many times """
>> This might be a problem with Python but I seem to remember succeeding
>> in this test some time ago with the same version of Python.
>> I tried Cygwin's GCC (4.7.3) and a custom built FSF GCC 4.8.2 without
>> success. I also tried to replace Cygwin binaries with version 1.7.0 and
>> a few others before 1.7.25 without apparent changes.
>> So I'm a little lost now.
>>
>> Can anyone reporduce that?
>> Any help would be appreciated!
>>
> For your info, I was unable to reproduce such a behavior on Cygwin 32 v
> 1.7.25 installs running on 64 bits Windows 7 both on real hardware and
> VirtualBox 4.3...
>
> JP
I went on with further testing and could reproduce the problem with the
Cygwin shipped Pythons on a 64 bit Windows 7 running under VirtualBox 4.3
with Cygwin 64 and on a 32 bit Windows 7 running on real hardware (intel
Atom).

Best,
JP