Re: lnn, a native symlink wrapper script (Was: fstab not automounting...)

On 10/18/2013 12:24, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

- The user token contains a privilege, but it's disabled.

   The process can not perform the dangerous action secured by that
   privilege.  But it can enable the privilege if it wants to perform
   that action.

Thanks for the explanation.

I tried two machines here and apparently the privilege can be set on both of them without being Administrator, so I don't even know if it's worth chasing this test. That is, I don't know if ln(1) prints a helpful error when the link cannot be created. If it says something vague like "permission denied", I'm thinking it would be helpful to pre-diagnose the problem in the wrapper script.