Re: Install puts home in /c/Users

>I assume you have a variable called HOME in your windows environment.
>If so, remove it and try again.
>
>Also, how do you start Cygwin?  Do you use the default "Cygwin{64}
>Terminal" shortcut?  If so, this shouldn't happen since the Cygwin
>terminal (aka mintty) will cd to your home dir as in /etc/passwd
>when started with the "-" option, as is the case for the Cygwin{64}
>Terminal shortcut.
>
>If you start Cygwin via some self-created shortcut, or if you use
>the old "Cygwin" shortcut which starts a shell in a console window,
>the default is to use $HOME from the environment.
>

>Corinna

Corinna, you star!

Tried recreating the shortcut via setup and that did create me a new
one which didn't solve the issue. I always had my own in the
quicklaunch toolbar. I hate desktop icons and almost every app you
install these days foists one on you whether you want it or not.

I then removed the HOME variable and started bash again and it has now
created my home again :)

Yay!

Now just waiting for ncftp to be available in the 64bit install
(hoping) and I'll be set again. I saw that you had said it was missing
in a previous post.

Many thanks,

Lee