Re: SSH Key Authentication is not working

Thanks for helping and sorry for the late reply.

I see...I'll be checking for updates manually then.I thought this
system is email based, since the only way I know how to reply is via
email. Am I missing something?

However, back to the main problem.... I don't have much experience
with linux (didn't have need to use it till today, although I had it
installed a few years ago, just out of curiosity) and it's the first
time I use CYGWIN so I guess that's the reason why I was kicking in
the dark. Thanks for the answers above, they were really enlightening.

I will try to re-install and configure my server on 2nd computer
(still have problems there), while I already solved the problem on 1st
one (for both I use the same setup approach). I found out that the
problem was with the way I was adding keys to "authorized_keys" file;
I used "cat" command to append the key but I didn't append a new line,
which resulted in very long key. When I deleted the content of that
file and tried again it worked (I always append with new line...I
suppose that empty line in that file shouldn't cause problems).

However, on 2nd computer that didn't seem to solve the problem so I'll
have to investigate further by first re-installing the CYGWIN
according to your recommendations. I hope that doing that will solve
my problem...will report back here later.

Thanks again.

Bye, Tadej