Re: Tried to remove cygdrive prefix, ended up "lost" in my filesystem

Hello,

I have tried as suggested in [#1] and used the mount command as
follows but it still doesnt work. However, my ~ is indeed my ~

    ~:pwd
    /cygdrive/c/Users/myname

    ~:cat /etc/fstab
    # For a description of the file format, see the Users Guide
    # http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

    # This is default anyway:
    none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0
    #none / cygdrive binary 0 0%

    ~:mount -c /

    ~:pwd
    /cygdrive/c/Users/myname

Note: for some strange reason the listserv isnt making it to my inbox.
Im checking it from: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-10/msg00012.html
and so my responses aren't showing up correctly.

[#1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-10/msg00012.html