Re: Fwd: Way to test cyglsa?

On 9/16/2013 2:26 PM, Evan Rowley wrote:
I would really like to run sshd in debug mode!

I wasn't sure what the best way to enable debug mode on sshd. The
approach I took was to edit one the registry entry I assumed cygrunsrv
uses to launch sshd.

Under
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\sshd\Parameters

Name: AppArgs
Type: REG_SZ
Data: -D

I changed '-D'  to '-Dd' but unfortunatley this rendered the service
un-start-able. I got the same result with '-D &> /var/log/sshd.log'

Try '-D -d'.

What in your mind is the best way to enable debug mode? Also, will the
debug output be sent to event log or to /var/log/sshd.log?

I've set up a new service in the past to be a debug version.  That way,
it's always there and ready for me when I need it.  I just stop the
normal service and start the debug one.  But that's just one way to
do it.  Your way should work.  The output goes to the log file by
default.

--
Larry