Re: cygwin sshd dumping stack trace when not allocating pseudo-tty

On 8/20/2013 4:32 AM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
On Mon, 19 Aug 2013, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

and to understand the method you're using to login.

SSH public-key auth, that is, RSA keys. (This is a requirement
because the process will run as batch job so we cannot use any
interactive auth method.)

Understood but method 2 and 3 allow for this as well.  They use a
very different way of "getting there".  One of these two methods
could work for you.

Funnily enough, when I disable my SSH key and log in using a
password, not allocating a pseudo-tty works.

We need your cygcheck output

stderr is:

tglase@sbkgate-ts:~$ cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out
"\\dc\tglase"
CMD.EXE wurde mit dem oben angegebenen Pfad als aktuellem Verzeichnis gestartet.
UNC-Pfade werden nicht unterst?tzt.
Stattdessen wird das Windows-Verzeichnis als aktuelles Verzeichnis gesetzt.
"\\dc\tglase"

It's telling you that cmd.exe doesn't understand UNC paths.  And that
actually gives me an idea.  Can you create a local home directory
and run ssh-user-config again to see if that helps?  If so, you can
either continue to use this configuration or try method 3.

Other things I noted:

  1. You're running cygwin 1.7.9.  The current version is 1.7.24.  You
     should upgrade.

  2. Your CYGWIN environment variable contains "sshd".  You should
     remove this.

  3. You have an orphaned installation at the level of your C drive.
     If you have not already, you should remove this installation.

--
Larry