Re: ssh login no longer allowed by local accounts other than main administrator account after taking machine off domain

(Sorry if this goes to the wrong place, I'm a little unfamiliar to the
cygwin mailing list and its usage)

I wanted to thank Linda and Larry both for their responses to my
original post on Aug 2nd.

Linda: Process Monitor was a helpful suggestion, however there are as
you have said probably far too many system process messages, and even
trying to filter for what I wanted has proved not helpful....

Larry: I did have the new users have ownership of their own /home/user
folders...
also /bin/bash.exe has 755 access, with user:old_admin group:Domain Users.

The problem looks most similar to what the user marco atzeri posted here:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/134144
, (unfortunately there was no resolution)

Perhaps what might help me is:
a) what are the standard permissions *supposed* to be on everything on
the cygwin terminal-side (i.e. 'ls -l /etc/*', etc),
b) what account should the "CYGWIN sshd" service be running as in the
Windows side
c) what group should local users be in (i.e. 'mkpasswd -l' and
'mkgroup 'l') - currently the local users are in group 513 (in mkgroup
-l that's "None"), sounds weird but that's what it was before I took
it off the domain, and it was working earlier.
d) Do i need to re-sync the mkpasswd -l with /etc/passwd and mkgroup
-l with /etc/group ? I had previously appended the newly created local
accounts (with associated SSIDs) to /etc/passwd using something like
"mkpasswd -l | grep newusername >> etc/passwd" (and something similar
for the /etc/group)

I'm running into a brick wall here and not sure how I should approach
this... any general advice even would be appreciated, thanks so much!