Re: cyglsa-config not working properly in cygwin 1.7.22

On Jul 29, 2013, at 2:26 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>> I think I found the problem.  The older compiler didn't reorder
>> functions for optimization purposes, but the new one does.  The entry
>> point for the cyglsa DLL was not explicitely mentioned, but it was based
>> on the fact that it is the first function in the source code.
>>
>> However, the new compiler reorders function by default with -O2
>> optimization.  So the entry point was not at the start of the executable
>> anymore and the LSA failed to load the cyglsa DLL.  I changed the
>> Makefile to specify the entry point of the DLL explicitely to make sure
>> the right function is called at load time.
>>
>> This seems to work again in my testing on 32 and 64 bit, but more
>> testing never hurts.  So I'd like to ask you to check the today's
>> developer snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ and copy the cyglsa
>> DLL from the snapshot into /bin/cyglsa.  Given that the DLL there isn't
>> loaded, you should be able to overwrite it, like this:
>>
>> On a 32 bit OS:
>>
>>  cp /bin/cyglsa.dll /bin/cyglsa/
>>
>> On a 64 bit OS:
>>
>>  cp /bin/cyglsa64.dll /bin/cyglsa/
>>
>> Kep in mind that the x86 snapshots contains both DLLs, while the x86_64
>> snapshot only contains the 64 bit DLL.
>>
>>> Thanks for a great product overall -
>>
>> Thanks to you for the report!  The today's 32 and 64 bit snapshots
>> should be uploaded in an hour at the latest.
>
> Snapshots are up.

Thanks again for responding so quickly.  My quick test did not work, but perhaps I misunderstood.
I did the following:
- Set "passwd -R" to blank value
- Download, but not install, http://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86/cygwin-inst-20130729.tar.bz2
- Extract /bin/cyglsa*.dll from the snapshot, overwriting the existing files
- cp /bin/cyglsa.dll /bin/cyglsa/, since this is a 32-bit OS
- Do not reboot, or run cyglsa-config, or anything else

ssh niven (using pub key)
$ set | grep USER
USER=gessh
USERDOMAIN='NT AUTHORITY'
USERNAME=SYSTEM

Did I miss a step, or should I try something more aggressive?

Thanks!

J. P.