Re: cyglsa-config not working properly in cygwin 1.7.22

On Jul 29 13:21, J. P. Abelanet wrote:
> On Jul 29, 2013, at 11:58 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>

> > No.  I can confirm that this happens, and it seems the cyglsa.dll
> > doesn't get loaded at all.  But as for the reason, I have no idea.
> > It's the same source code we're using for ages.  We switched the
> > compiler to build it, but that's it.  So, for some reason, when
> > building the stuff with mingw-w64-gcc, the result is not runnable.
> >
> > Sorry, but I'm at a loss right now.
> >
> Thanks for the quick reply.  If in the future you have any ideas,
> I'll be happy to test them out.

I think I found the problem.  The older compiler didn't reorder
functions for optimization purposes, but the new one does.  The entry
point for the cyglsa DLL was not explicitely mentioned, but it was based
on the fact that it is the first function in the source code.

However, the new compiler reorders function by default with -O2
optimization.  So the entry point was not at the start of the executable
anymore and the LSA failed to load the cyglsa DLL.  I changed the
Makefile to specify the entry point of the DLL explicitely to make sure
the right function is called at load time.

This seems to work again in my testing on 32 and 64 bit, but more
testing never hurts.  So I'd like to ask you to check the today's
developer snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ and copy the cyglsa
DLL from the snapshot into /bin/cyglsa.  Given that the DLL there isn't
loaded, you should be able to overwrite it, like this:

On a 32 bit OS:

  cp /bin/cyglsa.dll /bin/cyglsa/

On a 64 bit OS:

  cp /bin/cyglsa64.dll /bin/cyglsa/

Kep in mind that the x86 snapshots contains both DLLs, while the x86_64
snapshot only contains the 64 bit DLL.

> Thanks for a great product overall -

Thanks to you for the report!  The today's 32 and 64 bit snapshots
should be uploaded in an hour at the latest.

Thanks again,
Corinna

Red Hat