Re: SVN::Ra problems

Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> As a workaround, I copied a full cygwin directory from another machine
> where subversion-perl is working with svn 1.7.10 packages, and this works.

I'm glad you got it working.

> With latest cygwin packages, including subversion 1.8,
> perl -e 'require SVN::Ra' works
>
> Downgrading to subversion 1.7.10 worked well a few weeks back but not
> anymore.

I tried downgrading to 1.7.10 this morning and perl -e 'require SVN::Ra'
worked fine for me.

[cygcheck from broken setup is]:
> Found: C:\Testwell\CTC\perl
> Found: C:\Apps\cygwin\bin\perl.exe
> Warning: C:\Testwell\CTC\perl hides C:\Apps\cygwin\bin\perl.exe

> cygcheck output from the working setup is:
> Found: C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe
> Found: C:\Testwell\CTC\perl
> Warning: C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe hides C:\Testwell\CTC\perl

I wonder if this is the reason? Perhaps Cygwin was picking up the wrong
perl?

Anyway, I don't see anything else to explain this. It works fine for me.
It appears your subversion-perl installation was complete on the broken
installation. I don't know why it wouldn't be able to find that DLL.

QOTD:
        If it's too loud, you're too old.