Cygwin ccrypt differs to linux ccrypt

Hi all,

Up to date Cygwin running on Windows 2003 Server with ccrypt version
1.10 (up to date)

Up to date Ubuntu 12.04 with ccrypt version 1.9 (up to date, according
to apt-get)

I've encrypted a file using ccrypt in Cygwin and I am unable to
decrypt it on the linux box (Ubuntu 12.04). I am able to decrypt it on
my Windows 7 box which also runs cygwin.

I'm looking for confirmation as to whether this might be considered
normal behaviour? I understand if this is the case, but I am unable to
find written confirmation anywhere regarding it.

Thanks
-Chris