Re: Failure with fork()

Il 6/27/2013 9:01 PM, Alan W. Irwin ha scritto:
On 2013-06-27 11:35-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

The only Windows platform available to me is Wine.  And I have
no Cygwin on Wine experience at this stage because this fork bug shut
me out.  But now that it is fixed in CVS, how do I get access to
the fixed version of setup.exe?

Are there daily snapshot builds of the CVS version I could access?

Never mind.  I have now found the snapshots page, and the latest one
contains

013-06-18  Christopher Faylor  <me.cygwin2013@cgf.cx>

* dcrt0.cc (child_info_fork::alloc_stack): Don't subtract 4096 from
stack pointer since getstack() already does that.

Could someone confirm that is the fork fix of interest here?

Of course not. Corinna solved the problem today
and cygwin1-20130619.dll.bz2 was built last 19th June
so you need to wait the next one.

I am somewhat confused by the remark
at http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.setup.snapshots
that "You cannot use Cygwin Setup to install a snapshot."

So what exactly is installed by a snapshot?  Is it just the core part
of Cygwin?

It is just the core cygwin1.dll
The easy way is copy the new one on the current one.
Of course all cygwin processes must be shutdown before..

Is there enough included in cygwin-inst-YYYYMMDD.tar.bz2
so I can run setup.exe from the installed version of that tarball to
download and install or update additional Cygwin components that I
might need?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin