Re: get_myaddress error with nfsd

On Jun 13 19:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 13 08:07, Jazz wrote:
> > Yesterday I just did a clean installation of Cygwin 1.7.20-1 and I have
> > experienced exactly the same issue as you - mountd and nfsd don't start
> > (get_myaddress: ioctl: Invalid argument in logs). Portmap starts fine.
> >
> > I tried to downgrade sunrpc, but that didn't help.
>
> Ouch.  This is my fault.  When I removed support for OS versions prior
> to Windows XP, I accidentally removed support for applications using
> ioctl on sockets built under Cygwin versions prior to Cygwin 1.7.
>
> Now, nfs-server has no maintainer and had been built in 2006, so it's
> affected by this.
>
> I'm reluctant to revert the old functionality since that re-introduces
> code to read network adapter inforation in a way only required up to
> Windows XP pre-SP1.
>
> I'm going to think a bit about this problem and try to come up with
> another way to support older applications in 1.7.21 again, using only
> the current functionality.
>

> Stay tuned,

I implemented a solution for this problem which should give sufficent
result to support old applications.  I created a new 32 bit developer
snapshot 2013-06-14 on http://cygwin.com/snapshots/, and I uploaded
a new 64 bit test distro Cygwin release 1.7.21-3, both containing
this patch.

Please give it a try.

Thanks,
Corinna